For chronic pain, debilitating orthopedic conditions or complex spinal diagnoses, patients can turn to the orthopedic specialists at New York Spine Institute. Dr. Timothy Roberts can assess your condition and help you find a treatment option that’s right for you. If you’re not sure whether to make an appointment, let’s review some common reasons you should see an orthopedic doctor.
What Does an Orthopedic Doctor Treat?
Orthopedic physicians like Dr. Roberts treat injuries and conditions related to the musculoskeletal system. They can diagnose, treat and help manage a range of conditions, including sports injuries, osteoporosis, arthritis and other conditions. These specialists may help with issues related to the foot and ankle, spine, neck, shoulder, elbow, hip, hand, knee and wrist.
When Should You See an Orthopedic Doctor?
There are many reasons to see an orthopedic doctor. You might:
- Have sustained a sports injury: Even a minor sports injury can cause tendon tears, fractures and other damage, which can impact your ability to get back in the game. Even tennis elbow can cause discomfort and get worse without treatment.
- Have been in a car accident: Car accidents can cause soft tissue injuries, microfractures and other serious issues.
- Be in pain: If you have been in pain for 10 weeks or more and it is not going away, you will want to see a specialist even if the pain is not severe. Some conditions are degenerative and may get worse over time without treatment and management.
- Notice mobility issues: If you suddenly can’t swing your arm, walk easily without pain or perform everyday activities, your musculoskeletal system may be the issue. A visit to Dr. Roberts can get you moving again.
- Notice unusual spine curvatures: If you notice your spine or hips have an unusual curve or are out of alignment, it’s important to get a diagnosis and treatment before the curvature starts impeding mobility or causes pain.
- Have been diagnosed with a musculoskeletal disorder: A specialist can provide access to treatment not easily found in your doctor’s office. If you have an underlying musculoskeletal disorder, Dr. Roberts is familiar with a broad range of minimally invasive and traditional spine surgical techniques and can help with advanced treatment or even surgery if necessary.
What Can an Orthopedic Doctor Do for Me?
Orthopedic doctors like Dr. Roberts can treat and diagnose many conditions, including:
- Meniscus tears.
- Tendon injuries.
- Rotator cuff tear.
- Repetitive strain injury.
- Plantar fasciitis.
- Labral tears.
Dr. Roberts will evaluate and diagnose your issue and use the latest minimally invasive treatments or surgeries to treat your condition. If you have a degenerative musculoskeletal condition, he can work to reduce chronic pain, minimize symptoms and slow the disorder’s progression. His goal is to help you regain balance and movement and resume regular activities.
Visit New York Spine Institute to See an Orthopedic Doctor
If you have been diagnosed with a musculoskeletal disorder or are facing pain, contact New York Spine Institute to schedule your appointment with Dr. Timothy T. Roberts. Our award-winning orthopedic physician has years of experience treating issues related to tendons, bones, muscles and other parts of the musculoskeletal system. He is well-versed in diagnosing and treating chronic pain, mobility issues, degenerative disc conditions and more. Helping you regain your quality of life is his top priority.